"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

10 April 2020

It is finished...


Good Friday.  The end.  The path to a new beginning.

I've said it before.  The Easter season has great significance to me regardless of calendar dates.

Our youngest son was born on Good Friday of 1983.

My wife, my children's mother, Our Judy, died suddenly on Wednesday of Holy Week 2017.

Great joy and great sadness. 

So many thoughts go through my mind at Easter, on this day, Good Friday... 

Jesus did not go easy.  He suffered greatly.  For us.  For you and for me.  The promise of eternal life.  Faith and grace.  So simple.

And I ask myself on Good Friday...  Could you carry that cross?  All the way?  Could you carry that burden, the burden of the world's sin?  And hang?  Hang until the end?  We all know the story.

Could you give your only son to die that way?  To suffer at the hands of humans, to save humanity?  Could you?  God had the advantage, of course.  He knew.  But Jesus?  What went through his mind as he suffered and finally died?

It is finished.

Anyway.

Give it some thought.

Peace.

5 comments:

Grog said...

Amen.

doubletrouble said...

Good thoughts, Blue!
A joyous Easter to you.

Grog said...

Good morning, are you still with us?

Blue said...

Morning, Grog. I am indeed. Just tired. Too much bullshit in the world. LOL. I hope tht you are doing well... Peace, Brother.

Grog said...

Good to see your words.

Tired? yes, that sounds familiar.

Peace, Brother.