"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

06 March 2022

You would have had to know her...

 


This popped up in my fb memories this morning.  I laughed and cried at the same time.  

Judy would sometimes make comments that were waaaaayyyyyyy out in left field, out of the blue.  Sometimes unintentionally. Sometimes to get a reaction.  She was eating peanut butter toast and drinking chocolate milk.  I was having cereal and toast, coffee with cream.  

She delivered this with the straightest face.  I tried not to laugh.  A question disguised as a statement.  She didn't preface it with "Remember..."  I delivered my "yeah" without emotion.  She knew what I would say.  She finished her statement.  I about died laughing.  Like I said, you would have had to know her.

Peace

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Everyone should be so blessed as to have had a Judy in their lives. Thank you for sharing such a delightful memory.

Blue said...

Thank you, Vicki. I realize that I was truly blessed to have my Judy for 44 years. I am thankful for that. :)

Adrienne said...

But of course she was funny. She was married to you. (Only kiiiidddding- sort of)

Grog said...

Don't be too polite, Adrienne, he might get a swelled head.

chuckling, also kidding, my friend. :)

Blue said...

My Dear Adrienne... she was funnier than she gave herself credit for. And she had to have a sense of humor, though it was kinda dark... lol. She was, after all, married to me. ;)

Grog... lol. Yeah. Swelled head, for sure... lol