"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

14 August 2022

Can't say for sure...



 I surf the news a lot.  Left, Right, Center.

I can't help wondering how one decides which news sources/stories to believe these days. If I were to guess, I'd have to say that it's likely based on preexisting personal political ideology. I can't find anything to legitimize the possibility that it's anything more or less than that.

How should we look at the day's events?

IGNORE all of the conjecture, unsubstantiated facts/evidence, news and social media, opinions, etc.? Look at the few facts that are substantiated and start connecting the dots? Ask yourself what that logical process leads you to believe [without outside interference], and that becomes your truth until more substantiated facts/evidence comes out?

Maybe?

I don't know.

Another thing... It seems like a lot of speech from the Right is being identified as "extremist speech" or "hate speech" or "supremacist speech".

What's going on here? I really have this bad feeling that the folks who disagree with anything involving the Leftists are being identified and watched. I think it is a concerted, planned effort to discredit anyone who believes differently than the Left. Am I paranoid? :)

Anyway...

Peace

4 comments:

Grog said...

We that oppose the left have been observed for some years now, and opposing the right, and the LBGTQ agenda, and the drag queens in grade school, and the 30 plus years of politicians selling out the country they were elected to serve, and a legion of other frauds and crimes. Their reckoning may not happen while I am still walking around, but they will be held to account for their actions.

Blue said...

I agree, Grog.

Navy91 said...

I have come to the conclusion that one cannot get the unvarnished truth from ANY single source. To get a really good grasp on things circulating the news arena, you have to consult many different sources. Some from the left, some from the right, the middle, etc. Only then will you have all of the angles covered. At that point you can make up your mind about what is right and what is agenda driven bs. EVERY major news outlet in the U.S. has an agenda, has a narrative it wants followed. I suspect that it's driven by money, and political leanings. But whatever drives it, you have to do a lot of your own legwork to get the whole story these days. It's a pretty bleeped up state of affairs we're in today.

Blue said...

Navy91... I agree. Sadly, we are forced to either "ignore it" or to spend a lot of time determining what's true. :) I'm not sure it has ever been any other way, but the technological advances that have created cable news and the internet have certainly amplified it. I remember embarrassing my mom in the grocery store by reading the Enquirer headlines out loud as though they were true and shocking. (I couldn't help myself)