"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

24 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

I've experienced a lot of Christmas' in my lifetime.  Some here, some there.  Some have been better than others, but all were good.  All were good.

My parents and grandparents are gone.  I will think of them this Christmas.  Good memories.

2 of my sons are here, near-by.  We will get together for a Christmas Eve dinner and some family time tonight.  We will share gifts and family time tomorrow, for awhile. 

My youngest son is in Arizona.  I'll miss him and wish that he were here.  I hope he enjoys the day.

My 2 grandsons are with their mother in Indiana.  I wish that they were here.  You do what you do, I guess.  Life is good.

I sincerely hope that each and every one of you has a very Merry Christmas.  Remember the reason for the season.  :)

Enjoy!

Stay safe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Blue.

Brock Townsend said...

Merry Christmas again!

Josh Kruschke said...

Merry Christmas Blue!
Best wishes to you and yours this coming new year.

Six said...

Merry Christmas Blue.

Walter Zoomie said...

Merry Christmas, brother. Hope to meet up with you in the near future.

midnight rider said...

My daughter, son in law and our first grandchild live in Alaska. We did have a chance to see them for a week in early December. Still, we miss them and wish they were here. But I made sure they got their Christmas letter from Santa. That started yars ago with my parents.

Ny father is gone, and so are most of my grandparents. But my 96 year old grandmother is still kicking and with us. Keeps her hearing aid turned down on purpose ;-)

So all the family that is still in the area -- aunts, uncles, cousins, our other 2 daughters, gathered as always here tonight. As has been the case, either here or at my mom's, for 50 years now.

Tradition is importnant. Tradition matters.

Merry Christmas to you, Blue. And everyone else here who still understands that Christmas and Christmas Traditions
beyond the bottom line, still matter.

God Bless you and yours good sir.

Blue said...

Midnight Rider, Yes, traditions are important. Thank you :)