"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

06 May 2013

From Wraith's blog... The Dark Side...

One of the best posts I've read in a very long time.

How I turned from the Dark Side

I've always been for freedom.  It seemed self-evident, if you will, that people should be able to do whatever they liked, as long as they weren't defrauding or harming the person or property of another.  If someone wanted to smoke a joint, host an orgy or carry a gun, exactly how was that harming me?

I still feel that way.  That part hasn't changed.  What has changed, is my understanding of who my allies really are in this fight.

I used to lean towards the Left, because I actually believed they stood for freedom.  After all, they said they did.  All my friends said they did.  They were on the side of freedom, and those evil right-wingers were a bunch of fascists who were slavering at the thought of turning America into a Christian theocracy.  And I believed it, for a long while.

But then things started not adding up.


Read the rest here.


~~~~~


Wraith is a man who understands.

Stay safe.



2 comments:

Wraith said...

Thanks, bro. But I'm just this guy, you know?

Blue said...

Yeah, I know. Aren't we all? :)