"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

25 November 2013

How to get to heaven from Ireland...

Getting to Heaven from Ireland...

A true story from an Irish Sunday School teacher

I was testing the children in my Dublin Sunday School class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven.

I asked them ''if I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all of my money to the church, would that get me into heaven?"

"No!" the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the garden, and kept everything tidy, would that get me into heaven?" 

Again, the answer was "No!"

"If I gave sweets to all the children and loved my husband, would that get me into heaven?"

Again, they all answered "No!"

I was just bursting with pride for them.  I continued "Then how can I get into heaven?"

A little boy shouted out: "YUV GOTTA BE FOOKIN' DEAD!" 

It's a curious race, the Irish.  Brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it?

~~~~~~~

Yes, my ancestors were Irish.  :)

 

3 comments:

tsquared said...

The wife is Irish - I had to explain it to her...

Borepatch said...

LOL. From the mouths of babes ...

Blue said...

Tony... I don't know what to say... **smiling**

Borepatch... Yep. Gotta love it!