"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

02 November 2014

Changing time is Stupid...



~~~~~~~

Places like Arizona, Hawaii and that little bit of Indiana who refuse to play the Daylight Savings Time game have it together in my mind.

I understand changing my calendar ahead to November.  Truly I do.  But setting my clocks back an hour?  That is just stupid.  Pick one time and stick to it.  Stop changing it twice a year.  It serves no valid purpose.  STOP!!!!


8 comments:

Adrienne said...

I loved when we lived in Sedona, AZ and didn't have to change our clocks.

I'm with you - it needs to stop!

We forgot to change the clock on the coffee pot so the coffee was happily being made at 4am instead of 5am - which was okay since I've been up since 3am. Sigh...

Grog said...

There you go, thinking practical again. ;)

Blue said...

Adrienne... 3 am? That sucks. I was up early, too :( I turn the coffee on myself though :)


Grog... Sorry. I'll try to refrain from that in the future.

T said...

I hate the time change. I refuse to change the time in the vehicles, my long suffering ;-) husband always does it. I told him when I retire I'm not changing the clocks at all, hell, maybe I'll use the clocks for target practice...

Old Bob said...

I get jet lag. Hate daylight saving time.

MADDOG61 said...

You want more light longer? Light a candle or throw the light switch. 24 hours is 24 hours. It's how you spend them that counts.

Blue said...

MADDOG... Actually, when the time changes in the fall, I go to work in the dark, and come home in the dark all winter long. I hate that.

Ahhh well...

:)

MADDOG61 said...

My Dad always told me; "Son, you will be working from dark to dark. The time in between is yours." (Sleep is over-rated.)