"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

21 February 2016

The things people say...



~~~~~~~~

Think about that for a second...  ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a day in Calcutta would get them to count their blessings and knock of with their BS.

doubletrouble said...

Sad, but true. I heard a very similar thing from a young lady I thought intelligent. When I explained that discrimination based on race by *anyone* is racism, it was explained to me that racism can only come from a "position of power". This must be true because her professor told her so.
I'm old enough to be her grandpa, but apparently I haven't learned ANYTHING in all these years. And that power position I hold: retired old guy livin' in the NH woods with his missus. Power to the cantankerous!
Sorry for the rant; this just bugs me.

Blue said...

Anon... A day in Calcutta (or a thousand other places) would make them appreciate what they have a whole lot more. The "real world" is nothing more than a fantasy in their minds.

doubletrouble... I've heard the "minorities can't be racist" line before. I always ask "if it isn't racism, what is it?". I have never received an answer that makes any sense. ;)

Power to the cantankerous! Old Guys Rule! :)