"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

08 September 2011

Day 6 of Mediacom Sucks....

Well, we're into day 6 without cable television or internet at home.  All of my neighbors had theirs back by noon last Saturday.

Judy is taking the afternoon off so that she can be there when the repairman, er, I mean technician, comes out to hook the cable back up at the splitter box on the pole.  Mediacom sucks.  I can't think of any other way to describe them.   The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced anywhere at any time in my entire life.  They have a monopoly on service in my little town and know that you can't go anyplace else.  Did I mention that they suck.  Remember....  Mediacom.  Word association = Mediacom/suck.

Mediacom sucks.  Say it.  Mediacom sucks.

Anyway,

Stay safe.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hmmmmm. I woke up hearing this ringing in my mind - Mediacom sucks.

Brock Townsend said...

Mediacom

Let's see, if it's part of Media Matters, then that would explain things.:)

KurtP said...

There are two other choices to look into.
One is satellite broadband either WildBlue or Hughs (with that brunet hottie in the blue top)- but having had WildBlue, I can't in good faith tell you to go there because of corprate policies).

The other option is basically radio broadband. Try looking up wireless broadband, and you might like what you see. We're in the sticks, in a dip between hills and don't want a 70' antenna for our broadband, so we're lucky enough to have a good landline cable service.

Unknown said...

Thank you for this ranting blog!
There needs to be as many sites on the internet
as there can be to let Mediacom know our dissatisfaction
with their products. I live in a small town in South Georgia
where there are few options for internet, phone and television
service. We also have a limited income with only prepaid
credit cards which Dish network will not use.
We had Direct TV and cancelled our service because
they did not provide local channels, consequently we owe
them over 300 dollars for this as appears in small print in
their contract. AND their service is the worst of any utility
I've ever had. Through Mediacom we were without internet
and phone service for three months and for a month now
we only get four channels with their cable boxes.
Thanks for this opportunity to rage endlessly about this
problem.

Anonymous said...

Mediacom service in Illinois suckkkksss. Seems every month there is issues and today all mediasuck service has been down for thirteen hours and all they can say is we are trying very hard to get it back up, well how about I try real hard not to pay my bill on time!!!! Oh that's right if I did that you would charge me a late fee or disconnect my service, how about a discount for your sucky service?

Anonymous said...

I've lived through a decade of horrible internet and even worse customer service (if you can call it that). It's criminal - they fraudulantly charge for services they do not deliver. Seems to me they are due for a class action lawsuit - maybe that would get them to do something.

Anonymous said...

Mediacom service is terrible in Waterloo Ia