"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

19 October 2011

What I like...


Springfield XD-40s.  Yep, I like my XDs...

Gun show here in town this weekend.  Kinda lookin' for a revolver.  We'll see.

Stay safe.

6 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

Seems like we've talked about this before, but if not. I wasted money on a number of different carry holsters for my Glocks 21 and 30, but ended up with the Ruger LCR in .357. Carry it in a RF pocket holster and it is there 100% of the time without a thought.

http://postimage.org/image/9ktvl5550/

WP said...

Plastic.

Blue said...

Brock, i'm gonna look at the LCR. I do like the SP101.

Perhaps a Raging Bull in .454 Casull?

There was a gentleman at the last show I went to who had a very nice Colt Trooper in .357. Blue with a 4" barrel. Brand new, though it was manufactured in 1985. Beautiful gun! $750.00, which seems to be a fairly common price for that particular model and finish. I didn't want to spend that much. :)

One of my co-workers recently received a Trooper from his mother's estate. He isn't into handguns. Deer hunter with bow and shotgun. I told him that if he wants to sell it, I might be interested.... ;)

Blue said...

WP... Yes, plastic, but they sure do shoot nice :)

Brock Townsend said...

The Glock Torture Test was what sold me. Glocks and AKs since they don't mind not being cleaned! I guess I get my aversion to this from four years in military school. Well, the last year I was the Bn. Adj. so got a sabre. That was the best deal of all. No more cleaning my M-1!:)

Blue said...

My wife's cousin graduated from military school. Must've been in '68 or '69....

I have a Glock 22 that has given me absolutely no problems. Looked at the 23 and 27 but bought the XD sub. to carry.