"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

19 July 2013

Detroit Rock City...



Because pretty much no matter what they do, Detroit is fucked.  They have no will power.  They're looking for the free shit.  They're pointing fingers and playing the blame game.  Next will be the race card.  Oh!  Wait!  never mind.

Detroit is just a fading memory.  Proof positive of how successful long term Democrat Party leadership (exclusively Democrat Mayors since 1962) and the greed of the big unions can be (Democrats and Unions seem to flourish together).  It isn't that simple, of course...

I had a friend tell me today that Detroit is on the ropes because they are the largest metropolitan area in the country without light rail and an effective mass transit system and because they have a population that lacks diversity.  I said "Seriously, Brian?  Are you fucking kidding me?"

Detroit was once the symbol of America's manufacturing might.  A symbol for the world to see, saying "Look at me!  I can do anything!  Nothing is impossible!".

Today Detroit is representative of the rot and decay that is spreading throughout this country.

I read an article yesterday that stated that Detroit started dying in the 50s when developers came in and started building the suburbs.  That was what took the "people and the workers away".  Seriously?  Every city in the country had developers building suburbs in the 50s and 60s.  Those cities (and most of their suburbs) are still around.  It happens everywhere.

What happened to Detroit was irresponsible spending and lack of concern for the people being "governed".  Detroit had a political machine that rivaled Chicago's or New York's.  Corruption and greed killed Detroit.  Plain and simple.  Contributing to the demise of the once great city were people who failed to appreciate and maintain what they had.

It's too bad, really.  Now a lost cause.  Over.  Gone.  Kaput.

Pittsburgh came back from near death by luring technology companies in to replace their steel manufacturing facilities after steel production moved to Japan.  But Pittsburgh has the Steelers.  Just sayin'...  (I've always found it amazing that the Japanese could come buy our scrap steel, ship it to back to Japan and melt it down, reform it, and then ship it back over here and sell it back to us cheaper than we could do the same thing here.  I wonder why that is?)

I feel bad for Detroit.   I worry for America.  I don't know what caused Detroit to flush itself down the shitter.  Perhaps you can tell me?

Stay safe.

6 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

You already mentioned it, my son.:)

Blue said...

:) yeah.

Old Bob said...

About Detroit, I think you said all that needs to be said.
(Except one thing, or rather seven things: Pride, grteed, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and laziness.)
Thank you!
Believe it or not, this is the very first time I have ever seen KISS perform, and they strike me as a perfect audible-visual symbol of the cultural corruption of America.

Old Bob said...

By the way, if they were really any good, they wouldn't need all that extra bullshit to hold an audience ... then again, maybe it's the audience.

Rob said...

Drugs also plays a big part of there decline. Back in 1985 I was in a airline training class,in Minneapolis, MN. A training class also was going in Detroit at the same time. 30 to 40 people in that class. Each and everyone failed their drug test. EVERYONE!! Are you kidding me.

Every seen Beverly Hills Cop the start of the movie was filmed in DTW, it was ruined back then in the 1980's

Blue said...

Wraith... That isn't very PC, Brother ;)

Bob... Your 7 things are right, of course. Kiss? They were pretty popular back in the day. The beginning of "glam rock", or something. I dunno... :) And yes, I think it's at least partly the audience. Always looking for something more.

Rob... Yes, the drugs. Ugly, evil problem. I saw Beverly Hills Cop. Yes, Detroit was a shithole even then. But so was L.A. It just didn't look as bad as Detroit. Know what I mean?