"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

19 July 2013

Rattlesnake logic...

From Miss V. ...

 
Rattlesnake Logic

After the Boston bombing the news media has spent days and weeks trying to
determine why these men did what they did.  They  want to know what America
did to make these brothers so angry with us.  They want to know why these
men were not arrested before  they did something so terrible. The media is
in a tizzy about this new era of home grown radicals, and about why they
could live among us and still hate us.

  A friend of mine from Texas explained it all to me:


  “Here in west Texas I have rattlesnakes on my place, living among us.  I
have killed a rattlesnake on the front porch.
  
I have  killed a rattlesnake on the back porch. I have killed rattlesnakes
in  the barn, in the shop and on the driveway.
  
In fact,  I kill every rattlesnake I encounter.

  I kill  rattlesnakes because I know a rattlesnake will bite me and inject
me  with poison. I don’t stop to wonder why a rattlesnake will bite me;
  
  I know:  It will bite me because it's a rattlesnake and that's what
rattlesnakes  do.  I don’t try to reason with a rattlesnake…I just kill it.
  
  I don’t  try to get to know the rattlesnake better so I can find a way to
live  with the rattlesnakes and convince them not to bite me…I just kill
them.  
  
  I don’t  quiz a rattlesnake to see it I can find out where the other
snakes are,  because (a) it won’t tell me, and (b) I already know they live
on my  place.  So, I  just kill the rattlesnake and move on to the next one.

  I don’t  look for ways I might be able to change the rattlesnake to a
non-poisonous rat snake...I just kill it. Oh, and on occasion,  I
accidentally kill a rat snake because I thought it was a rattlesnake at  the
time.  Also, I know, for every rattlesnake I kill, two more  are lurking out
there in the brush.  In my lifetime I will never be  able to rid my place of
rattlesnakes.  Do I fear them? No!

  Do I  respect what they can do to me? Yes!  And because of that respect I
give them the fair justice they deserve...I kill them....”

  Maybe as a country we should start giving more thought to the fact that
these jihadists' are just being like rattlesnakes, and act accordingly!"

Makes a ton of sense to me.  Fits a lot of situations.  Versatile.  Logical.

Stay safe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Common sense, huh. Yeppers, it works for me too.
;)
Miss Violet

Anonymous said...

...Oh, and I don't want to hear ANY bullshit about profiling rattlesnakes!
Have a great weekend y'all. ;)
Miss V

Anonymous said...

Lol. Like usual we're on the same page, it must have been all the time we spent under our desks, developing "attitude" while we were waiting for those damn commies to nuke us. ;)
Miss V

Anonymous said...

They were heady times. Sitting in a classroom while your teacher told you that your country was the best in the world. That we were the best. Now teachers teach the student how to snitch on their families, among other things, because while we weren't watching, the commies infiltrated our education system. Being a teacher used to be an honorable position.

Well, times may have changed, but I sure the hell haven't. I don't suspect you have either, and I think there are many, many more of us out there. The America that we were born into, it's still exists in us. So, do like I'm doing. Do everything possible to pass that spark to your children, and to your grandchildren because this is going to be a multi generational battle my friend. Being the baddest mo-fos on the planet takes work...and planning. ;)
Miss V

Blue said...

I haven't changed much either. A little less tolerant of political bullshit than I used to be, perhaps.

You can trust with every fiber of your being that my boys, and my grandkids, believe just as strongly as you and I do. They'll be fine :)