"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

06 October 2013

From my son...




~~~~~~

My 3 sons all have jobs.  They pay their own way.

This is a picture that my middle son took at a car show a few minutes ago.

He is 35 years old.  Started working at the car wash when he was 14.  Delivered the Des Moines Register,  an early morning daily, starting when he was 12.  Every fucking day, rain or shine.  Do you know anything about Iowa winters?


I can guaran-damn-tee you that he hasn't been without a job for more than 5 days since he started working.  There have been times when he worked more than one job.

 To say that I am proud of him would be an incredibly gross understatement of how I feel about him.

I love him more than life.

For someone who doesn't study politics, he is quite politically astute.  :)

No comments: