"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

09 January 2013

States rights...

It looks like the state of Wyoming is trying to do it right...




Read it all at the link below...
 
 
I wish them the best of luck. 
 
Stay safe.

7 comments:

hiswiserangel said...

Godspeed, Wyoming. There are rumors that Texas isn't far behind.

Anonymous said...

Good state. I lived there 18 years and two of my three kids were born there, as was my husband. If it wasn't for the grandchildren, I'd move back in a heart beat.
Miss V

Blue said...

Ladies...

It would be nice if ALL of the states would tell Uncle Sugar to piss off.

Problem is that so many states are on welfare and are part of the FSA looking to make a buck off the back of the taxpayers.

Exciting time on the horizon...

David P said...

Well now, that's a horse of a different color. I wonder what it's chances of getting to a vote, and then passing, are.

Blue said...

Chances of passing are probably pretty slim, though it IS Wyoming... :) (I can imagine the threat of Federal Aid being cut off...)

None the less, it's a small act of defiance and it does my heart good to see it.

David P said...

The Constitution states that federal law is the supreme law of the land, so the thinking is that any law passed at the state level, which undermines a federal gun ban, would be unconstitutional. The funny thing is, that didn't stop Colorado from legalizing marijuana, a few months ago.

Blue said...

I agree, David, but the Federal Government is violating the supreme law of the land by trying to impose restrictions on the Second.

I side with Wyoming :)