"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

01 October 2012

A little beer and some philosophic musings...

A little beer and some philosophic musings
I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a couple of nice cold beers. The day was really quite beautiful, and the brew facilitated some deep thinking on various topics. Finally, I thought about an age old question: is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts. Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question.

Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion: A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "it might be nice to have another child." 

On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case.

Stay safe.

3 comments:

Irish said...

Heh! :)

Home on the Range said...

Brigid Jr. weighed in at just a tad under 11 pounds. She asked more than once, why didn't you have another baby?

That wasn't the reason, but we chuckled about it, especially after she had her first, at 10 pounds.

Blue said...

Irish... :)


B... Doesn't sound like fun to me, but... :)