"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

31 October 2012

Ice Cream...


REPENT!
This is for all the grandfathers out there, and everybody else!


Last week, I took my grandchildren to a restaurant.

My six-year-old grand-son asked if he could say grace.

As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food,
and I would even thank you more
if Grandpa gets us ice cream for dessert.
And liberty and justice for all! Amen!"

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby,
I heard a woman remark,
"That's what's wrong with this country.
Kids today don't even know how to pray.
Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!"

Hearing this, my grand-son burst into tears and asked me,
"Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?"

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him,
an elderly gentleman approached the table.

He winked at my grand-son and said,
"I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

"Really?" my grand-son asked.

"Cross my heart," the man replied.

Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added
(indicating the woman whose remark
had started this whole thing),

"Too bad she never asks God for ice cream.
A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my grand-children ice cream at the end of the meal.
My grand-son stared at his for a moment,
and then did something I will remember the
rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and, without a word,
walked over and placed it in front of the woman.

With a big smile he told her,

"Here, this is for you.
Shove it up your ass you grouchy old bitch! "
 
Touches the heart doesn't it? 
 
~~~
 
 
Stay safe.


10 comments:

Old Bob said...

LOLOL!
You have a wonderful grandson!

Blue said...

Bob... A story sent to me by my former (now retired) boss. A wonderful story, if you ask me :)

I love ice cream.

Anonymous said...

Snort, lol, not the ending I thought it was going to be, roflol. That's funny! Thanks for the morning laugh Blue.

Six said...

As the grandfather of a six year old boy myself I can only stand and clap! Good boy!!!

David said...

From the mouths of babes...

Blue said...

Miss V... The ending kinda surprised me, too... :) It was a good one!

Six... He did good! I have 2 grandsons, 11 and 12 years old, as well as a just turned 6 year old grand daughter. They all keep you guessing :)

David... You never know what will come out, eh? :)

Brian said...

Very funny stuff. Like the blog. Thanks for your service.

Blue said...

Thank you, Good Sir. :)

Home on the Range said...

I wasn't expecting that. HAHA!!

Blue said...

B. ... It isn't what I was expecting, either :)