"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

20 October 2012

Oath...

Please help me out here...

I can easily find the Oath of Enlistment for enlisted and commissioned members of the military.  Likewise, the Oath of Office for the President and many public officials.

I'm having a difficult time finding the Oath of Enlistment (or whatever it is being called) for the FEMA Youth Corps.  I have read articles recently about groups of FEMA Youth being "sworn in" at ceremonies in Anniston, Alabama and Vinton, Iowa but I can find no information on the oath that they swear.  I mean, being "sworn in" indicates the taking of an oath, right?

I find it odd that these groups even exist.  Well, I guess I should say that I find it odd that these groups haven't been on the front page of the papers and on the news at the top of every hour.  They haven't been reported in the media.  At least not to any great extent.  I would think that obama would want everyone to know about such a wonderful (apparently) humanitarian organization.  Sounds like a group he should be proud of and would want to share the details of with the world.

But me...  I just want to know the text of the oath that they swear.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance...

Stay safe.

8 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

I swear eternal allegiance to Hussein Obama.........

Adrienne said...

According to this article, they took the AmeriCore pledge.

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2012/10/obamas-blue-shirts-homeland-security-graduates-1st-class-of-fema-youth-corps-2507962.html

According to Wikipedia, this is the AmeriCorps’ pledge taken by the FEMA Youth Corps:

I will get things done for America – to make our people safer, smarter, and healthier.
I will bring Americans together to strengthen our communities.
Faced with apathy, I will take action.
Faced with conflict, I will seek common ground.
Faced with adversity, I will persevere.
I will carry this commitment with me this year and beyond.
I am an AmeriCorps member, and I will get things done.


You're welcome :-)

Adrienne said...

...and just exactly how are these little twerps going to make us "smarter" and "healthier?"

Blue said...

Brock... That's what I would expect.

Adrienne... Thanks. Sounds like a Cub Scout pledge. :)

How will these twerps going to make us smarter and healthier? They aren't.

David said...

Cub Scout Pledge

I, (say your name), promise
to DO MY BEST
To do my DUTY to GOD
And my Country
To HELP other people, and
To OBEY the LAW of the Pack

Blue said...

Welcome David!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Stretch said...

I'm sure the oath sounds better in the original German.

Blue said...

Naturlich!