"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

01 March 2013

Drugs and kids...





We didn't have ADHD when I was a kid.  (It hadn't been invented yet :))  We had discipline and were held accountable for our actions.  Sometimes painfully accountable.  :)

Stay safe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

" Sometimes painfully accountable." :)

Boy howdy, that's the truth. My mom had a big black belt that she would take to us kids, it made you sit up and pay attention, I'll tell you!
Miss Violet

Blue said...

I felt the belt or the paddle or the lilac switch more than once :)

Mike Miles said...

They took away discipline and replaced it with medicating children. Despicable.

Chams90 said...

I miss them days best in my life

Old Bob said...

My mom's favorite was an 18-inch ruler, or an unplaned lath.
In front of all us kids for shame factor.

Blue said...

Mike... Exactly!

Chams... :)

Bob... Yep, "public humiliation". We got that too. :)

SUERTE said...

Bravo