"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

28 March 2013

SLC...

Sitting in SLC airport waiting to head home after 2 weeks out here.  Working:)

I turned in my rental car, checked my bag, and got through security in less than 25 minutes.  Pretty good.

There are some TSA members on a power trip.  I got sent through the scanner when I left home and now when I'm going home.  No biggie.  Except this time a TSA agent was waiting on the other side of the scanner.

"Stop here, sir" in his most commanding, authoritative voice.  He looked me up and down like a Drill Sargeant looks over a recruit in Basic.  Then he says, again in that voice, "OK, step aside.  All I could think was "Fuck You".  I dislike commercial air travel.  It's no fun anymore.

Anyway, I'll be home in a few hours.

Stay safe.

6 comments:

Old Bob said...

I have met a few (thankfully, a very few people in authority who don't wear it well. Me, I don't know what to do but sigh and move on.

Blue said...

Bob... Sitting in MSP now. Wish I had more time :)

Adrienne said...

Well............I would have stopped you and given you the once over except it would be for totally different reasons. ;-)

Blue said...

LOL... Adrienne, you are a hoot! :)

Sitting in your old home town, lady. I feel a rash and a headache coming on...

Wraith said...

My mother passed on last year. As the executor of her estate, it was up to me to go to a foreign country and try to put her affairs in order within two days. (Bungle, Cluster, Enormous.)

I had two days because I drove from mid-Arizona to Saskatoon. (And back.) Because I simply WILL NOT FLY until they stop treating us like cattle and criminals. There is nowhere I need to be that fast, that badly. Ain't doin' it.

I grew up on airplanes at the tail end of the Golden Age of Flight. I'm not giving the airlines a dime or the TSA a peek until that comes back.

Just my little protest.

Blue said...

Wraith... I respect your protest. This is the first time I have flown commercial since the TSA got all crazy, and I didn't like it at all.