"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

29 January 2014

I never feared my government...

Verbatim post from Bizpacreview:

‘Schindler’s List’ producer: I never feared my government until now

Schindlers-List
Photo from AwardsDaily.com
 ”Schindler’s List” producer Gerald Molen was shaken by last week’s indictment of colleague, conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, and he said it has caused him to think twice about how he views the government.
Molen helped produce D’Souza’s film “2016: Obama’s America” and he is currently working with him on the follow-up project, “America,” scheduled for a Fourth of July release.
In an interview with Newsmax, Molen made some chilling comments. Read the exchange from Newsmax:
“I’m a little bit taken aback by the whole thing because he’s such a great American,” Molen said of D’Souza on Newmax TV’s “Steve Malzberg Show.” The conservative writer and commentator understands the process in America and how it works, Molen said.
Molen, who also produced the Academy-award winning “Schindler’s List,” said he has not spoken to D’Souza since he learned of the indictment, and wouldn’t make comments about the specific case until he’s learned all the facts.
Still, he said he would not be surprised if the probe is politically motivated.
Asked by Malzberg if he ever felt threatened or had any feelings they should not have been making the film, Molen answered, “No. This is America. I’ve never had that feeling,” adding, “I’ve never had the occasion to think that I had to fear my government. I never had the thought that I had reason to think I had to look over my shoulder until now.”
But, he said, he wouldn’t be intimidated out of pursuing future projects.
“It certainly gives me reason to think about it, but no, I won’t back off,” he said. “I’ll keep on doing exactly what I’m doing.”
 ~~~~~~

You should have feared your government a long time ago.  At least since the Patriot Act became law.  If that didn't get you, the actions of law enforcement after the Boston Marathon bombing should have certainly woken you up.  Or after Jose Guerena's murder.  Or Kelly Thomas' murder.  Or a thousand other things that the government has done to make you fear them.  They want you to fear them.  Fear is control.

No comments: