"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

30 January 2014

Over packed...

I order gun parts and reloading supplies from a large, well known supplier in the Midwest.  It never fails to give me a chuckle when the package arrives.  I ordered 500 cast bullets in .38 caliber a couple of days ago.  They arrived today.  I got home from work and the Missus said "you got a BIG box from ****** today".  I looked at the box and said to her "Do you know what's in there?  A box of bullets".  "A box of bullets?"  I said "yes, a box of bullets".  "One box?" she asks.  "Yes, one box".  She gets a kick out of it, too...



There were 66 airbags protecting one box of bullets.  Granted, there are 500 bullets in the box, but still, overkill...

Anyway, that's my chuckle for the day.

~~~~~~

6 comments:

stevierayv said...

At least it wasn't peanuts but yeah they kill me with that stuff too.

Blue said...

I am thankful that they don't use peanuts. I hate those things! Their service is excellent and they are quick. I can deal with the box and the air bags. *pop, pop, pop* :)

gun monkey said...

I know exactly who you are talking about and it irritates me with all of that wasted space. They do have good customer service!

Blue said...

I've only had one small issue with them in all the years I have dealt with them. I ordered some after market Glock magazines that wouldn't go into the mag well of my G-22. They were just ever so slightly too big. After a 5 minute phone call they sent me a return label and I sent them back. Replaced with factory mags in about 4 days total time. Yep, they are good to work with :)

PioneerPreppy said...

Whomever picked that order prolly hadn't had their boxes resupplied by the material handler and weren't allowed to go get em themselves. If they were on a quota, which I am sure they were, they had no choice but to use an over sized box.

Blue said...

PP... I'm sure you're right. :)