"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

25 January 2014

SP 101...




~~~~~~

I have really taken a fancy to DA revolvers.  Primarily for their dependability.  I think.  Plus, I really like shooting them.  The Missus shoots them, too.  She is a .22 aficionado, but will gladly shoot a few .38 Specials when we go to the range.  I load a few .38 Specials a little bit on the light side for her and she is happy.  When she is happy, I am happy :)

Anyway, this one was added to the collection tonight.  SP 101 in .357 Magnum with a 4" barrel.  5 rounds in the cylinder.  It weighs in at just over 35 29 ounces empty.  I have a Hogue monogrip coming.  I like the Hogue grips.  I have them on all of my revolvers.  I really like the Ruger revolvers, too.  They may not be quite as shiny as the Smiths or the Colts, but they shoot just fine.  Less expensive, too.  No, I don't have anything against Smiths or Colts.  I'm kinda looking around for a Python.  If the price is right.  And the condition is good.  I'm patient.  I thought I had a line on a Trooper a year or so ago.  One of my employees received one from his mother's estate.  He isn't really a "gun guy".  He's an avid bow hunter.  Anyway, he took it out and shot it and decided he liked it and wanted to keep it.  Can't blame him.  I figure that one of these days he'll need some cash...  Sneaky, eh?  ::)

I'd like to get out to the range with this one soon.  The weather is fixin' to turn to shit tonight.  A bit of snow and some incredibly cold temps for a couple days.  We'll see how it goes.

Anyway...  There is still the A2 project.  LOL.  We'll get there, eventually.

3 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

SP 101 in .357 Magnum with a 4" barrel. 5 rounds in the cylinder. It weighs in at just over 29 ounces empty. I have a Hogue monogrip coming.

Decided against the LCR, I take it?

++++++++++++++++++

I'm kinda looking around for a Python.

I bought an used eight inch one in 1976 for $150 from a gun shop in San Juan Capistrano. I sold it for enough to buy both a Glock 21 and 30 a number of years ago. I was amazed, as I had no idea they were appreciating.

Robert Fowler said...

I've owned several Security Sixes over the years. I still have one in my bag. I love Rugers. I also have a 22 auto before they were Mark anything.

It needs to warm up. I need a range trip.

Blue said...

Brock... Still have the LCR. Good little gun. I remember looking at a new Python about 1984 or 85. It was $400 or so. Now they are out of this world-crazy priced, if you can find one!

Robert... I have a bull barrel MK1. Had an old Ruger Standard. It disappeared out of my household goods when I left Texas for Germany for the second go-round. Weird, eh? I had a Single-Six that I sold when I left Texas. I think that is the only gun I ever sold. Shoulda kept it. Needed the cash.

Ready for a range trip, for sure! :) Stay warm!