"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

09 February 2014

The only thing worse than a liar...



~~~~~~

When did telling lies become an acceptable practice?  When did people start accepting lies as truth and liars as normal?

8 comments:

Grog said...

Probably sometime before julius caeser was born, is my guess. ;)

Grog said...

I seem to remember my dad getting the belt once or twice. ;)

I was going to expand on your original point, but putting the sentences together would be more depressing than watching the olympics ;) so I'll leave it at what we already know, don't want to ruin your weekend. :)

Blue said...

:)

Adrienne said...

Seriously - I can't get past the use of "that's" instead of "who's." Took my hubby awhile to break me of that nasty little foxpaw.

And from Tennessee Williams of all people.

Blue said...

I was going to comment on that when I posted it but figured, nah, if TW said it, it must be OK. :)

Blue said...

foxpaw? that's good!

Old Bob said...

When I was a kid, "crimes" had definite penalties, usually measured in number of swacks with the ruler.
Trying to lie our way out of a spanking doubled the punishment.

Blue said...

I had the same, Bob.