"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

11 February 2014

What if I don't like it...


I told my wife that I wanted a bottle of good Scotch.  I picked this up off the shelf and looked at the price.  I said to the missus "what if I don't like it?"  She started laughing hysterically right there in the liquor aisle.  People were looking at her, wondering if she was a crazy lady (she is, kinda).  She said to me "is there such a thing as whisky you don't like?"  I bought the bottle.  (I don't really care for whiskey that tastes like JP4, so yes, there are whiskeys that I don't like)

It's good to know that I can still make her laugh out loud on occasion.  We have been married for over 40 years.  She has seen and heard all of it before, so it's hard to get a reaction like the one that question got.

I shared this picture with a friend in Idaho.  He said "Good Combo, Glenfiddich and bullets:)"

He has a sharp eye.

11 comments:

Borepatch said...

Don't know about you, but making her laugh is one of my great pleasures.

Err, my wife. Not yours. Work with me here ....

;-)

Blue said...

LOL. I'm with ya. It's all good... ;)

Sdv1949 said...

Alas; so many scotches, so little time.

Blue said...

:)

I like bourbon. Need to mix it up a little, just for fun.

tsquared said...

You can ship it to me if you don't care for it. I will pay the shipping...

Blue said...

Tony... I'll keep that in mind ;)

Anonymous said...

It is VERY good. I know, there's a bottle residing in my pantry, hobnobbing with some others that I thought I would try....I keep going back to the Glenfiddich.;) I have some Irish whiskey in there that is so rough you could use it to tumble rocks into smooth pebbles....

To take the ease off the budget I just make sure I stock up when the daughter is a here and she can buy it at the commissary for me. ;)

It's funny, I've never been a big drinker, but I'm finding I do like whiskey. ;)

Miss Violet

Anonymous said...

So how was it? I am looking for a good scotch as well.
C.J.

Blue said...

Miss V. ... I'll be trying it within the next day or so.

C.J. ... I'll let you know but, if Miss V says its good, I'm sure it is. :)

Unknown said...

Personal Preferences in order of amount purchased.
Oban 14 year
Highland Park 12 year
Talisker 10 year
Glenmorangie 18 year
Highland Park 18 year
Glenfarclas 25 year (got as a present)

(then again, a 5th lasts me between 3 months and a year)

Sdv1949 said...

Richard, with that list you are certain to like the Scapa 14 year old.

Lovely.