"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

05 April 2012

Why Do ‘Uniformed Military’ Get to Board Planes First?

From David P. in S.C.
Verbatim Post
 
 
As you read this article, recall that, in 1970, Bill Ayers plotted to detonate a bomb in the Fort Dix NCO Club, during a dance.
 
 
Actual Bill Ayers Rant: Why Do ‘Uniformed Military’ Get to Board Planes First?
 
Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dohrn paid an impromptu visit to Occupy Wall Street in New York City Friday, bestowing their advice to a gaggle of elated protesters. Ayers and Dohrn, former leaders of the violent leftist Weather Underground group, were greeted like rock stars at the camp. A reception, you'll soon hear, they wouldn't want to give the nation's military members.
The couple passed along protesting and anti-military nuggets of wisdom to the youngsters who received it in good spirits. For example, the former confidants to President Obama made sure to mention that America is "a declining power" that must depend on "a militarized 1%."
Dohrn didn't parse words:
"In a declining empire, which, you know, the United States is, lets agree, the United States is a declining economic and political power even while its a veralent and expanding military power, a very dangerous combination. But in that, I just want to suggest that I think that what looks very strong is often very weak. It is very weak. Even though, this military force, the United States is Sparta. Yes, in many ways, national security ... its all The United States seems to have to offer. It isn't jobs or healthcare or public education or public parks or public libraries, it's security, security, security. We don't want that kind of a future, Occupy doesn't want that kind of a future." [Emphasis added]
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/TheBlaze/dohrn-at-occupy.jpgdohrn at occupy
On that note, Ayers lamented the special treatment American military members receive on domestic flights. He recalled his flight to New York and how service members were allowed to board first:
"We are living in a militarized society. That, that, it's clear what the message is from power. The message is that Occupy represents violence, and marginalization and insanity, when in reality it's the 1% that represents violence, and insanity and militarism. We've got a militarized society and its become so common sense that, getting on the airplane coming out here, the first thing they said was let all the, uhh, let all the ya know, uniformed military get on first and thank you for your service. And I said as I always do: let's let the teachers and nurses get on first and thank them for their service. I mean, why is it that everything military has got to be good and everything that has to do with actual work, real work, not jobs, real work for people, that stuff gets discouraged and marginalized." [Emphasis added]
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/TheBlaze/bill-ayers-at-occupy.jpgbill ayers at occupy
Capitalism took it on the chin as well. A recent Blaze article by Madeleine Morgenstern highlighted Ayers stating his everyday dream: “Today I’m going to end capitalism." But what you have not heard is what Ayers said beforehand.
"We have to begin to imagine a world without war, a world without prisons, a world without borders," he explained before adding, "We can't imagine a world without Capitalism!? What the F--k would that look like?"
"But actually, I can imagine it, and I want you to imagine it."
Dohrn went on to say the U.S. should cancel all student debt.
But the pair didn't end their theorizing there. In fact, they even went on to broach Obama's controversial former pastor Jeremiah Wright. According to Dohrn, Wright is an "incredible guy":
"Take Jeremiah Wright, Rev. Jeremiah Wright in the last election, right? An incredible guy. ... He has had this absolutely exemplary life in the church and what happens to him? He's in a nano second demonized, just boom, like that. ... So invite him to Occupy is what I'm saying. His way was he belonged to a very big community.
"He's a deep and fabulous guy," Dohrn concluded, "so invite him to speak."
 
 
Stay safe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This "militarized society" protects Ayers and others of his ilk. Our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines put their lives on the line to keep us from harm.

In a fair and just world Ayers and his bloody-handed wife would both be swinging from a lamp post for the murder that their bombs comitted.

When the collapse comes, they will receive their due.

MAJ Mike

Blue said...

MAJ Mike... I like the way you think and agree with you completely.

"In a fair and just world Ayers and his bloody-handed wife would both be swinging from a lamp post for the murder that their bombs comitted.

When the collapse comes, they will receive their due."

Exactly. :)

dhanna59 said...

SGT BLUE,
You the man bro, tellin it straight... One question, if I may be a bit personal. What made you get out of the Army? I myself was out for 8 years, came back in and finished out 20+. My excuse was it all involved vaginas and alcohol, what else can I say....Yeah I was 11B too.

Blue said...

dhanna... I've asked myself "why" many, many times. I still ask myself why. There are very few things in my life that I regret and leaving the Army is one of them.

My dad and mom had just started a small heating and cooling business of their own and offered me a chance to help out. There wasn't a lot of pressure from them. I liked the Army but wanted to change my MOS to aviation maintenance. The perfect situation for me to deal with it, right? It ended up being an issue (that my stubborn mind made personal) between myself and our unit retention NCO. The jobs that I was interested in were all "reserved" as incentives for new recruits.

Long story short, I was stubborn and had the opportunity on the "outside". I played my hand and lost. At that point I made a commitment to my parents and followed through with it.

You have no idea the anguish I experienced when out-processing at Fort Dix and being told that I could reenlist there, take my leave, then go back to Germany. Still no offer of the MOS I wanted.

My parents' business lasted 2 more years in a shitty economy. They moved to Arizona, I enrolled at the University of Northern Iowa and took another job in heating and cooling. That lasted a few months when I took a job at the company I work for today.

Full time job, full time school, a third kid on the way, Army Reserve commitment. I was overloaded and at that point couldn't afford to go back in the Army.

It has worked out, of course. My kids are all grown and gone. They are all employed and none are in jail. I'm still married to the same woman after almost 39 years and I have a good job that I (usually) enjoy.

I often think that I could have had a much more satisfying career and that I could have retired after 30 almost 10 years ago.

Ahhhh well... We make our choices and we live with them. :)