"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

17 December 2010

Minnesota....

I have spent considerable time in Minnesota over the years.  Besides travelling there for fishing, professional sports events, playing hockey, and shopping, I spent almost all of 2005 and part of 2006 living in St. Cloud, "sharing our corporate culture" with the management and employees of a company that the company I work for had acquired.  It was an interesting and pleasant time in my life and I have grown to love Minn-ee-soh-tah and Minn-ee-soh-tahns.

I have to admit that I was seeing this "new" world through my mostly conservative old eyes and never really realized that my adopted second home of Minnesota was all that "Liberal".  Looking back at my time spent there I realize that I had my blinders on.  The company that I was working at was made up of a very conservative, very Catholic group of people.  It was a great place to be.   (Me being Lutheran was never held against me...  :)  There were pictures of Ronald Reagan and Bush I and Bush II in the offices and no one visiting could ever question the political leanings of the people there....  There may have been one or two employees out on the floor who had "liberal tendencies" but everyone was happy and everyone got along in a spirit of productive cooperation.

But I digress.  I received this video from a friend "out east" this morning and felt I should share it here.  It's indicative of what's happening to our society in America today.  We are slowly and insidiously being taken over by cultures that have no intention of assimilating into ours.  Some want to do us harm.

Don't think that I am opposed to controlled, reasonable, thoughtful immigration with conditions that require assimilation into our culture, because I'm not.  If you want to "be an American", become one in every sense of the word.  Do not come here to create "Little Mogadishu or Little Mexico City" and try to live the life and culture of the country that you left.  Come because you want to be an American in America.  Learn the language.  Learn the culture.  If you aren't willing to do these things wholly and sincerely, stay wherever you're at now.

Anyway, enjoy the video.



Stay safe.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Born and raised in St. Paul and, trust me (said the spider to the fly, the people there are wacked...

Blue said...

I guessed that you might be originally from Minn-ee-SOH-tah when you said "crazy as loon" in your blog post today :)

Adrienne said...

Ah yes - state bird...

However, I escaped to Houston when I was 17 and when you mix a Houston accent with MN you end up sounding like someone from Chicago. Go figure!

I spent a few years back there in my thirties, escaped (again) to Sedona, AZ, and then to North Idaho - home to more conservative than anywhere in the world.

I discovered how really dangerous our government is after living through the Randy Weaver siege.

That's probably waaaaaay more than you wanted to know. heh