"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

02 January 2011

The Pathology of the Liberal Mind....

I have always said that modern Liberals don't think, they "feel".  Everything they do is based on "feelings" rather than on reason and logic.  The vitriol they spew is based on the "talking points" of others rather than on individual research and original thought.  They follow each other like they are lost, repeating what the leader says, over and over and over.  Heck, they're still talking about and blaming Bush II.... 

I was blog-surfing the other day and came across this little tid-bit, which I think is worth sharing.  Tons of good stuff at this site.  Be prepared to spend a lot of time reading this blog!  :)

I came across this little gem over at Moonbattery while reading blogs today.  I have never been a fan of Katie Couric.  I hold her in about the same regard as I hold Jane Fonda, which isn't very high.  Fortunately, both Couric and Fonda are irrelevant.  The only difference is that Jane Fonda finally realizes it.  Katie hasn't gotten to that point yet.  She will.  In my humble opinion, Katie Couric is the definitive Barking Moonbat.

Watching Katie in the video, I was struck by her body language.  It screams two things; Lack of knowledge regarding the subject to which she speaks, and insincerity.  Both dangerous things, especially when your audience is, like I stated above, incapable of original thought.  Some of them may actually believe what KC says.  Scary.  Fortunately for the rest of us, her ratings are in the basement with those of obama.

Watching her is kinda like watching obama.  Have you ever noticed that when obama speaks he tilts his head back ever so slightly and looks down his nose at whomever he is speaking to?

Wow!  I kinda sorta stayed on-topic through most of that.  :)

Now to go a little off-topic:

Iowa has been, for many, many years, a "may issue" state regarding carry permits for firearms.  The Sheriff of each of Iowa's 99 counties had a large amount of discretion in the issuing of handgun carry permits.  Some Sheriffs issued permits to almost anyone who asked, as long as they passed the background check, training requirements, and gave a "good" reason for wanting a permit.  Some Sheriffs issued no permits at all. 

That all changed in April of 2010 when Iowa's Democratic governor, Chet Culver, signed legislation making Iowa a "shall issue" state.  What this means is that all of Iowa's 99 Sheriffs must issue a concealed carry permit, without restrictions, to anyone who applies for one and who passes the background checks and meets the training criteria.  Governor Culver is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and is an avid outdoorsman and hunter.

I expected a huge tormented cry from the Liberals in the state when this was signed into law but didn't hear hardly a peep from anyone other than a few Sheriffs, a few Law Enforcement Agencies, and a few mayors.  The passing and signing of the bill went almost unnoticed in the media.  That is until the past few days.  You see, the law went into effect yesterday. 

The media has been talking about it for the past week or so, putting their slant on it.  I was watching a piece on this on one of the local stations a few nights ago.  The newsreader who was presenting the story looked to be so pissed that he was spitting while talking and it appeared as if he would start crying at any moment.

Folks, this is a non-issue.  There won't be gunfights in the streets.  Crime may actually go down.  A year from now everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about.

I have gone to the local gun shows for years and I can't remember ever seeing anyone from the media in attendance.  At least not in any official capacity.  Gun shows just aren't newsworthy events.  :)

We had a fairly large show in town this weekend and it was very well attended.  As I was leaving the show yesterday morning there was a newscaster and camera crew coming in the front door of the arena where the show was being held.  I haven't watched the news today but I am interested in seeing what they had to say.  I wonder if they will put any "spin" on it?   Could be interesting!  :)

Anyway, that's it for now.  I hope that everyone had a safe and happy New Year.  My wish for 2011 is that the American people will come to their senses and get back to work at making America great once again.

Stay safe.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

First dang decent thing I've read all day (of course, I have been cleaning most of the day and, yes - I know it's Sunday but the spirit of Martha swept over me and rendered me powerless.)

I added "No Apology" to my Google Reader and, as you predicted, spent about 30 minutes perusing his posts. All very good stuff.

Today's excerpt from Dr. Lyle H. Rossiter's book was excellent!

My hubby's always says that liberals are people who haven't thought things through. Simple and to the point.