"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

09 June 2011

June....



I've been on vacation this past week. 

Went to the AMA road races at Road America last weekend.  They aren't the same since NASCAR bought the AMA and changed the format.  No more factory teams.  It just isn't the same.  We probably wouldn't have gone this year if my youngest son hadn't been working the weekend for the Michael Jordan Suzuki/National Guard Team.  That part was pretty sweet.  He's a motorcycle technician out of Las Vegas.  It was good to see the kid and to talk to some of the racers that we haven't seen in awhile.  Drank a little beer and had a generally good time.

The Kid at Work....

 Still working....

 Alicia A.  A very sweet young lady.

 I was told I have no chance of being an umbrella girl....

New stock for my birthday....

New bolt handle....


Also celebrated my birthday this week.  Today is our 38th wedding anniversary.  I've been busy :)

I don't care about Weiner's weiner.  He's a douche.  Get rid of him.

The Argentinians want Great Britian out of the Falklands.  obama supports the Argentinians, along with Daniel Ortega from Nicaragua and Hugo Chavez from Venezuela.  obama needs to go away.  He's out of touch with reality.  He's out of touch with America and Americans.  He has pissed off most of our traditional allies and crawled into bed with many of our traditional enemies.  He needs to be impeached. 

Ahhhh well....

Stay safe.

7 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

The pink umbrella reminds me of the picture of a soldier on a half track, as I remember, holding one in Vietnam. I bought a nice one for my wife on one of my R&R's.

North said...

Not hatin' on the NASCAR, Blue. That is my only sport entertainment.

:-P

Blue said...

Brock.... My 4 1/2 year old grandaughter was gracious enough to lend me her Dora umbrella and then take the picture. She's a doll! :)

North.... Nope. Not hatin' on the NASCAR. They do a good job with what they know, which is the cars. The motorcycles, IMO, not so much.

Adrienne said...

Happy anniversary...

Glad you had a good time. You were missed.

Six said...

Happy Anniversary Blue. Lu and I celebrate 33 in August. Where do we find women who can tolerate us for so long?

I used to live just a few miles fro Laguna Seca. Met Wayne Rainey (Post crash). Never raced but have 22 laps at speed on a ZX6 from a class I took, oh so many years ago.

Nice shootin' iron. Nicer umbrella :)

Blue said...

Adrienne.... Thank you, Dear Lady :)

Six.... Thanks. My youngest son sent me a note this morning saying he didn't know how Judy has put up with my shit for so long. :)

I love sportbikes and the track. I've done several track days on an R1 and an RC51. The R1 is now in my youngest son's posession but I still have the RC and a 748 Ducati track bike. I've ridden Road America and Brainerd as well as Rockford, Illinois and Pacific Junction, Iowa. RA and Brainerd were the best, due mainly to their history. I had hoped to hit 200 at Brainerd with that long front straight and high speed turn one but could only manage 191 on the R1 :( Laguna would be a dream come true.

Gotta love it, eh?

The pink umbrella is a nice touch, eh? The things we do for our grandkids! :)


Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hugo and Barry have different styles but their end game is the same.

Happy Aneversary!