"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

03 February 2012

Call me naive, but...

I still haven't been able to figure out why there is such an uproar over The Komen Foundation's decision to stop giving money to Planned Parenthood.

The money belongs to Komen and, last I knew, Komen can do with their money as they see fit.

Planned Parenthood is not in any way entitled to it.

Besides, what does cancer research to save women's lives have to do with killing babies?  The two organizations appear to be at opposite ends of the spectrum, philosophically.  

(Yes, I realize that all monies directed to PP by Komen are earmarked for mammograms, not killing babies.  I also realize that mammograms help women.)

Is this subject too touchie to talk about?

Let me start over...

I still haven't been able to figure out why there is such an uproar over The Komen Foundation's decision to stop giving money to Planned Parenthood...

Anyway...

Stay safe.

3 comments:

Borepatch said...

Money is fungible. You can "earmark" it for screenings, but that just frees up PP budget for abortions.

That was the entire point, and the reason that Komen stopped.

Brock Townsend said...

I saw an article on that yesterday, but can't remember where. I'm thunkin'.:)

Blue said...

The Komen Foundation just backed down and said they will continue funding....

Wow.