"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

06 July 2024

Thoughts...

 



I can't imagine anything more self-defeating than trying to have a productive, reasonable, serious conversation with someone who is absolutely confident in their ignorance.


Peace

3 comments:

Annie in Ocala said...

Yet I witness that very thing happening when I look at the political volleys and just shake my head and say a prayer....

Peteforester said...

If the conversation comes up, I state my case as to who I'm voting for and why. When the argument starts I wave it off. Then I'm told "You're afraid to argue because you know you'll lose." I say "No, I'm not going to argue with you because doing so will not change your mind one iota, so why bother." ...I refuse to argue with houseplants...

Grog said...

Ignorance, Ideology, Refusing to accept Reality due to fear of not being "in control", there are many other descriptors, and these people will not change even if their blindness causes them to be a victim. Sad.