"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

02 August 2011

Bye, bye....

"February made me shiver, with every paper I delivered.  Bad news on the doorstep, I couldn't take one more step..."

In other news:

All five Representatives from Iowa, three Democrats and two Republicans, voted against raising the debt ceiling.  Both Iowa Senators voted "no", also.  I never thought I'd see the day....  :)

Sadly, the debt bill passed anyway, but you'd have to understand Iowa politics to understand why I'm surprised.

They all said that it's crazy and that it provides "No meaningful spending cuts". 

They're calling it "Boehner's Bill".  I think it's a setup.  I also think that Boehner is one of "them".  I hope the good people of Ohio call him home and replace him with a "right minded" Republican.

So, anyway....  obama is safe until after the 2012 elections, as far as debt ceiling fights go. 

Sounds like they'll have another big fight on their hands with Medicare and Medicade, though.  And with the FAA and their desire to re-unionize.  I miss Ronnie Ray-gun....

"Bye, bye...."?  Nope, I'm not going anywhere.  You're stuck with me for the forseeable future.  :)

Stay safe.

2 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

All five Representatives from Iowa

Congratulations, though I assume only the Republicans voted against it for the correct reason/s.

Blue said...

One Democrat Senator and one Republican. The common theme amongst them appears to be anger. They appear to realize the stupidity of more debt with "no real cuts" to spending. Gee. Adding to the debt IS spending.

Tells me that the time is now.

Tic Toc. Tic Toc.