"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

06 March 2022

I can't think of a title...


 I like Elton.  I like this song.  This video is... sad.  And hopeful. And representative of the human condition, in my opinion.

I lost my Judy coming up on 5 years ago.  An ER doctor made a mistake.  He didn't listen closely.  He didn't do his "due diligence".  He made some assumptions that were wrong.  He had all of the information that he needed to not cause my wife's death.  Whether you want to believe it or not, male doctors treat women differently.  

Anyway.  Judy loved music.  I love music.  Sometimes the music moves me closer to my Judy.  I still love her.  I miss her.

This song, this video... they can make me smile.

But...  life is strange.  And it goes on.  "We, the living..."

Peace.

2 comments:

ASM826 said...

I have watched this video a number of times. A great take on an old Elton John song. It took me a while to figure out the dark hared woman with the coin in her hand, but it finally registered it was a sobriety coin and she was in a crisis,

Blue said...

ASM826... Indeed. And it appears that she successfully withstood her crisis. :)

Peace.