"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~~Thomas Jefferson

"Who will protect us from those who protect us?"

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~~Goethe

29 January 2013

If you need one, and don't have one...


 






















Stay safe.

3 comments:

skybill said...

Hi Blue,
As an old Skydiver and Rifleman your post kinda' caught me by surprise!! Cool!! The caption,"If you ever need 'ONE'..." is well known to us. Adding the part about referring to guns is also significant! BTW, back a few cases of Beer ago when I was a new Navy Parachute Rigger, one day I happened into the front door of the Paraloft at NAS Los Alamitos, CA. There above the entrance way was a large sign above the counter. There was a drawing of a parachute wih wings on each side and superimposed ove it all was....you guessed it.."If you ever need 'ONE'....etc." That was some time ago, try the Fall of 1967. How many of your readers were even born yet???
BSBD,
III%,
skybill-out

Six said...

As a man who firmly believes in that old saw "Why would I ever jump out of a perfectly functioning aircraft?" just seeing that photo gives me the heebie jeebies Blue. I'll cattle car, I'll ruck, I'll even rappel if I must but jump? Pass.

Blue said...

skybill... "Id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". Truer words have never been spoken. Welcome, and thanks for stopping by! :)

Six... I'm with you. No desire to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft :)